The Nelsons Through The Years

Monday, May 18, 2009

David Archuleta


Kourtnee has been completely obsessed with David Archuleta since he was on American Idol. I have wondered how much I should encourage this obsession but, when I heard he was coming to Utah for a concert I knew that there were not many things that I could do for her that she would appreciate more than concert tickets. The first hours the tickets went on sale I was at a baptism and when I tried to get them when I came home that day they were sold out. I looked around for tickets on the secondary market and decided they were just too much for our finances this year. A few weeks before the concert I checked again and found some pretty good tickets at the normal price! Needless to say, Kourtnee was thrilled. I took her and her friend Whitney and they had a blast. I am actually surprised I enjoyed the concert as much as I did. I too enjoy David Archuleta's voice but, I was not sure that I would enjoy the many screaming teenage girls. The screaming girls were cute and David put on a fun concert. He had a lot of energy and I was amazed at how much he has grown as a performer. But, the best part of the night for me was looking over at my daughter and seeing how much fun she was having. I knew that I had done something with her that she will remember forever. I hope I can have at least one experience with each of my children like this one with Kourtnee.

Kourtnee and Whitney got together before the concert to make David Archuleta Shirts.

But, they needed a cool concert t-shirt too. Kourtnee wears hers whenever it is clean!


It was fun to watch them sing along with most of the songs!

I don't think I have ever seen Kourtnee Happier!

David didn't disappoint his many fans.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome mom!! You go girl!

Nat said...

Fun! What a great mom you are! I thought that would be a fun concert too. Thanks for making me feel better about my lawn! I'm glad that you found my blog so I could find yours!